Monday, April 9, 2012

Getting Over the Hump



So, Easter is over. No more tempting candy hopefully!  I don’t know why I do that to myself. I guess eating junk is a hard habit to break.  On a good note I cleaned out the fridge and the pantry! I have my own shelf in the pantry at a decent level so I can see it well.  I also have a whole side of the fridge right now, the door I mean, for all my goodies and I can share the shelves and drawers.
We are not completely free of non-paleo items in the home, but we are closer.  I made the Lara Bar recipe that was found and posted by one of our Facebook group members!  They are to die for! I let a few people taste and they agreed on the yumminess.  I froze them before cutting them and I try to keep them frozen as they get all melty and mushy.  Not easy for the person eating in from their hands.
I also have a bit of a negative note!  I tried the Walden Farms Miracle Mayo, which cannot be paleo because it contains corn starch btw, somehow missed that.  It is awful!  Too sweet and chemical like in flavor.  Ate it with tuna.  I put it in the fridge at work just in case but I think I may just try making it, when I can get my hands on macadamia oil.
How is everyone doing on the 21 Day Sugar Detox?
I obviously have fallen of the wagon a few times but I have learned a couple of things about me and my body.
1)      Apparently I am lactose intolerant!  Who knew?  Wonder if this is something I developed post-deployment to Iraq, or if you can get new allergies/intolerance as you age.
2)      I am not as strong-willed as I hoped.  I have like Zero will power. If the junk is here, I will nibble.
3)      Potato chips make me sleepy and sick! So I am not sure what about them made me sick but the fattiness of them made me sleepy…like within 20 mins I could hardly keep my eyes open!
4)      I have the want to treat my body better, I just need to be more mindful of it’s needs.
5)      My husband is willing to try paleo meals as long as I stay away from weirdo things.  I suppose if you have to invent something (paleo-ize) then it may not be worth it.  You never know until you try though J
Well, we have all struggled, some of us broke down before sugar (Hand raising) while others persevered.  Keep up the good work…only 12 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment